McNabs and Lawlor Islands Provincial Park has limited services. Enjoy your visit, keeping the following in mind:
- As at many exposed coastal sites, the weather tends to be variable and cooler than on the nearby mainland.
- Drinking water is not available on the island.
- Pit toilets are situated at six locations on the islands. A composting toilet is located just up from Garrison Pier.
- Keep the island clean by following the “pack-in” and “pack-out” motto. Please take your garbage off the island when you leave.
- Beaches are NOT supervised.
- Bicycles, including mountain bikes, are restricted to the main roads, Garrison and Old Military Roads; Motorized vehicles are prohibited.
- Camping on the island is restricted to the area near the Teahouse. Campers must contact NS Department of Natural Resources in Waverley at 902-861-2560 for permission to camp on the island. Please use "no-trace" camping practices.
- Cutting trees is NOT permitted.
- NO CAMPFIRES or BBQs are permitted on McNabs Island due to the extensive amount of dead trees uprooted by Hurricane Juan in 2003. Campers are permitted to use campstoves only.
- Help protect the island’s natural and cultural heritage. Please do not damage or remove trees, shrubs or plants, or disturb any buildings or ruins on the island. Removal of any artifacts from the island is strictly prohibited.
- Hunting is prohibited on McNabs and Lawlor Islands.
- Visit the island at your own risk. There are NO emergency facilities or telephones. Remember that the old forts, wharves and other ruins may contain hazards. In the event of emergency contact 911.