Friends of McNabs Island Hiring Two Summer Island Interpreters!
The job duties are varied and would be suitable for students/graduates from several disciplines including: environmental science, biology, horticulture, business, tourism, public relations, planning, recreation, education, graphic arts, history, Atlantic Canada studies, archaeology, architecture or carpentry.
Both candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English or French or both, and will work as a team on McNabs Island as interpreters. Both must be physically fit and love being outdoors, even in the rain and cold. They must be able to walk up to 10 km while leading guided tours. They must be willing to work weekends on McNabs Island. When not on the island, the interpreters will work out of a small office in downtown Dartmouth. Some of the job duties include:
- providing guided tours for McNabs Island visitors including youth groups
- doing island maintenance work such as cleanups, trail and garden maintenance, and Teahouse restoration
- promoting McNabs Island as an outdoor learning centre and nature park
- researching and writing stories about McNabs Island
- updating our brochures, display, and social media.
Jobs will be posted until May 10 or until the positions are filled. Please send resume, cover letter and references combined into ONE “WORD” format document and include your name in the file name i.e. jackorjilljones.doc and email to email@example.com.
Helping the Friends of McNabs Island is a unique summer job experience like no other you will ever have!