2021 MEDIA RELEASE - McNabs Island Fall Foliage Tours
- Discover how important McNabs Island was for the Mi'kmaq First Nations.
- Learn more about the role McNabs Island played during the world wars from animators in military costume at Fort McNab National Historic site.
- Hear the story of Bill Lynch, the "midway king" and how he got is start in the fairground business.
- Learn the tragic story of the SS England that was quarantined off McNabs in 1866.
- Discover the island's coastal environment, plants and wildlife.
- Visit the Victorian Gardens being restored by the Friends of McNabs Island.
- Peak into the abandoned Teahouose that is being converting into an Outdoor Education Centre.
We offer a variety of tours at the McNabs Island Fall Foliage Tours. There are two Heritage tours - one to Fort Ives and the other to Fort McNab; a Nature Tour; an Adventure Tour to Thrumcap suitable for hikers over 16 years of age and a Family Tour for parents/guardians with children 12 years and under.
Wear comfortable shoes or hiking boots and dress for the weather. Bring a lunch and drinking water.
Travel to McNabs Island with Murphy's on the Water from 1751 Lower Water St on the Halifax Waterfront departing at 9:30 AM. Depart from McNabs Island at 3:30 and return to Halifax by 4:30 PM.
Everyone must get their tickets in advance via Eventbrite!
Ticket costs: $35 (Adults), $15 (children/youth under 16), $25 ( discounted price for Friends of McNabs Island members). Children under 3 years are FREE but need a ticket.
Tickets on sale via Eventbrite. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mcnabs-island-fall-foliage-tours-oct-17-hal...
The Rain Date is Sunday October 24, 2021.
For the safety of everyone, all participants are expected to follow Nova Scotia Public Health protocols for the pandemic including providing Proof of Full Vaccination. Wearing a mask is required on the boat, but not necessary while on the island.
For more information on this event contact; firstname.lastname@example.org or http://mcnabsisland.ca/contact.
Friends of McNabs Island Society
For updates, follow us on social media: